Saturday, July 11, 2009

Wonderful gray morning




I put a pot of water on this morning for hot tea and then went and soaked in the hot tub for a bit. Dawn was just beginning and the sky was gray. After the hot tub soak I poured a cup of tea, stood out on my deck and listened to the ocean. I watched a large male elk graze in my yard for a few minutes before he caught the smell of something and hurried off. The humming birds were fighting over the bird feeder and a pair of swallows started chattering at me. I guess they were telling me good morning.

There is a slight mist mixed in with a pretty good fog. All the colors are muted and everything seems so still, almost like the entire scene before me has some tangible weight to it. There are song birds I can't identify somewhere near by, hidden in the fog. There are ravens talking back and forth. The calm landscape broken by the sounds of birds is a glorious way to greet another day and I am very much enjoying this. Time for another cup of hot tea.

That was my morning tea, how was your morning tea, coffee.... or whatever you may do to start your day. I hope you enjoyed your morning and were able to greet another day with joy and peace.

Otter

No comments: